Don’t worry, I have not intention to turn this into a beauty blog. But whilst cleaning out my bathroom drawer, I thought it would be fun to talk a little bit about my skin care routine and show you my favourite skin care products.
I do not own that many beauty products and if this was a beauty blog it would be a very boring one, with little to no updates. There are two reasons for this: While back in the days I had enough colourful eyeshadows to imitate the stage looks of Robots in Disguise and often applied more kohl than I should have, nowadays I prefer to look as if I wasn’t wearing any make-up at all. Also, when I find a product or brand that I like and that my skin tolerates well, I will just stick to it. As a result, my bathroom drawer is not filled with products I never use, but a small but nice selection of products I use regularly.
P.S. This article is not sponsored by Aesop.
In the Morning
- Fabulous Face Cleanser by Aesop – I have been using this for quite a while now and my skin tolerates it very well. The texture and the smell are a big plus.
- B & T Balancing Toner by Aesop – An apothecary once told me, that especially with calcareous water, it’s important to use toner. I love this one as it does not contain any alcohol and the Panthenol leaves my skin hydrated.
- Parsley Seed Antioxidant Serum by Aesop – Especially before applying make-up or a light BB-cream, I love to give my skin some additional hydration with this light serum.
- BB Cream Classic by Garnier Skin Naturals – I really like this BB cream as it’s not too heavy on the skin. I also love that it contains some UV blocker. On special occasions, I might apply some concealer as well, but on most days I just go with this BB cream.
- Eyeshadows by &other stories – I love the eyeshadow palette at &other stories. Those two have been my favourites for quite a while now – they are called “Primrose Dust” and “Raisin Vapor”.
- Goof Proof Eyebrow Pencil by Benefit – When we were in Chicago I had my eyebrows groomed a Benefit store and discovered this eyebrow pencil. It’s perfect and super easy to apply.
- Brow Artist Plumper by L’Oreal – Sometimes I use a light brown plumper to give my eyebrows some extra structure after using the eyebrow pencil. On no-make-up-days, I will use an opaque version to quickly groom those bushy brows into shape.
- They’re Real! Lengthening Mascara by Benefit – This is another discovery from the benefit store in Chi-Town. I especially love the brush with its rounded tip. Also, it does not smear or crumble and it just a very decent mascara.
In the Evening
- Micellar Water by Garnier Skin Active – To get rid of my makeup, I clean my face with this micellar water and a cotton pad. I think this product is okay, but if you know of any great alternatives, feel free to share them in the comments below.
- A washcloth – Somehow, I don’t feel really comfortable leaving the micellar water on my face and it’s quite refreshing to give you face a good scrub before going to bed. So, I use a good old washcloth and some warm water to properly clean my face.
- Afterwards, I follow with two products I already mentioned before, the B & T Balancing Toner and the Parsley Seed Antioxidant Serum.
Once or Twice a Week
- Clay Mask by Dr Hauschka – Once or twice a week I love to give my skin a little bit of extra attention. This clay mask is perfect to get your face super clean and smooth.
- Tea Tree Leaf Exfoliant by Aesop – If my skin feels prickly I like to use this exfoliant with some of the Fabulous Face Cleansers for a good scrub.
- Blue Camomile Facial Hydrating Masque Aesop – After the clay mask or the peeling this is really great to soothe the skin. You can leave it on for up to 30 minutes or even overnight. It’s also great on a long flight to protect your skin from the dry aeroplane air.
- Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Facial Hydrating Cream by Aesop – This is a sample I was given at the Aesop store, that I am currently trying out. So far, I really like it. It’s a rich, soothing cream that is perfect for winter, as it soothes super dry and itchy skin.
On the Road
- Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm by Aesop – This hand balm is the product that kicked-off my Aesop obsession. I always carry a tube with me.
- Lipstick Novum by Dr Hauschka – This is a great hydration for your lips that comes ith a hint of colour. The shade I use is “nature shimmer”.
- Cover Stick by Lavera – To get rid of blemishes that might occur throughout the day, I use this simple, but decent cover stick.